Ways to Find a Pediatric Dentist for Your Child’s Smile
Did you know that the American Dental Association recommends that children be examined by a dentist within six months of getting their first tooth and no later than their first birthday? Your child’s dental care is essential to their health, but it’s just as important that both you and your child are happy with their dentist and dental experience. Finding the right family dentists can take some time, unless you follow these parent-proven tips.
Find a Pediatric Dentist in Collingdale
Not all dentists smile on children, so you need to find a pediatric dentist because they have special skills. These dentists have training in treating children and are well versed on their dental needs. And a pediatric dentist treats children from infancy through adolescence, so it’s important to find an affordable dentist and develop a healthy relationship.
Tour the Dental Office
Do you need to find a pediatric dentist? Then you want to get a glimpse of their practice. Visit various family dentists who specialize in pediatric dentistry and take a tour of their offices. Try to take your child with you to see if they feel comfortable. While you’re at each office, look for each of these elements:
- Dentist has specialized training or a strong interest in treating children.
- The dentist is a member of the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- A convenient location and suitable hours for your schedule.
- Special emergency care.
- Acceptable fees, payment plans, and insurance options, which are important when seeking an affordable dentist.
- Child-friendly office setting with toys, books and games.
Make an Appointment
Now that you’ve toured several practices, you’ll need to decide on a pediatric dentist and schedule your child’s appointment. But consider your child’s first visit simply a test of the practice’s treatment and ask yourself and your child if their experience featured the following:
- Prompt and attentive care.
- The dentist and staff were patient and compassionate with your child.
- A gentle, yet full, examination was given.
- All of your questions and concerns were treated with respect and understanding.
- You were provided with information about your child’s dental development, preventing dental disease, and at-home care.
- You were asked for your child’s complete medical and dental history.
- The experience was pleasant for both you and your child.
Visits to the dentist should be positive experiences for both you and your child. Follow these tips to find a pediatric dentist and enjoy a healthy relationship.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Collingdale, call Gentle Dental of Collingdale today at (484) 427-4663 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Collingdale. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Collingdale, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Collingdale.