Ten Reasons You Need to Visit Your Family Dental Clinic for an Exam
Any qualified family dental expert will tell you that scheduling regular exams is a critical element of every dental care program, but your oral health checkups may actually have a long-term impact on your general health and lifestyle. Unfortunately, many people skip their exams and miss out on the many ways that an affordable dentist can make life better. If you’re not convinced, read the following list of reasons that keeping those dental appointments is vital.
- With regular exams, you’ll have a brighter, whiter smile. Many foods and beverages stain your teeth including coffee, tea, wine, and brightly colored fruits. During your exam, your dental hygienist will remove unsightly stains to keep your smile looking great.
- Regular exams ensure earlier detection of oral cancer. The sooner lesions are discovered, the better your chances are of treating the cancer successfully.
- Frequent checkups give you the best chances of keeping your natural teeth. Spending a few hours with an affordable dentist every year could prevent tooth loss, which eventually leads to extensive restoration procedures or dentures.
- Your dental checkup prevents cavities. Cleaning your teeth removes cavity-causing plaque and tartar. Any signs of tooth decay will be detected in an early stage, so treating the problem will be easier.
- Exams reveal early gum disease. Advanced gum disease affects the tissues that surround your teeth and hold them in place. It is a major cause of tooth and bone loss if left untreated for too long. Your dental care provider can help you reverse early stages of gum disease before they threaten your smile.
- Researchers have discovered clear links between oral health and general health. Seeing your affordable dentist for regular cleanings and exams reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, preterm birth, and other conditions.
- Because many illnesses manifest discreetly in the mouth, your family dental provider may even be the first person to detect signs of a serious systemic disease like diabetes or leukemia.
- Exams save you money throughout life. Treating dental problems before they become serious is far less expensive than complex restorations, endodontic work, or oral surgery.
- You’ll have fresher breath. Although good oral hygiene at home helps, odor-causing bacteria grows between your teeth in plaque and tartar that you can’t completely remove by yourself. Professional dental care and routine cleanings will solve the problem.
- Proactive involvement in your dental health will always pay off, so schedule your next dental exam today.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Collingdale, call Gentle Dental of Collingdale today at (484) 427-4663 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Collingdale. With 11 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Collingdale, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Collingdale.